Tips for Oxygen Saturation Tracking Success
There are a few simple ways to make sure that you are getting the most accurate oxygen saturation readings from your pulse oximeter! Doing these things will ensure the most accurate readings.
- Take your reading on the same finger each time.
- Stay still and calm for about a minute and a half before taking an oxygen saturation reading.
- Some factors that may affect a reading are cold hands, weak pulse, hand movements, fingernail polish, and acrylic nails.
- Providing the additional context to your readings, such as your mood or activity level, helps your doctor understand exactly how you are doing and what other factors may be involved with a particular reading.
- Remember to place your finger nail side down when taking a reading